Absolutely, as a diabetic it is extremely important to take extra care of your feet. To prevent complications, the nurse will gladly go over preventive and care techniques to keep in mind. Here are a few for now:
- Check your feet daily for cuts or skin break down, and skin temperature
- Avoid wearing anything tight (socks / knee highs) around your legs
- Do not smoke
- Do not go bare foot, and consider wearing indoor shoes when inside.
- Do not get pedicures from non-health professionals
- Exercise regularly to help with circulation